miércoles, 16 de noviembre de 2016

On hold until further notice

So, a while ago I "upgraded" to win 10; as I've mention before, and the other day I was foolishly  thinking I was getting ready to post a new version of the game, when I noted a weird glitch on the BG animation of the pause menu, and on further inspection I started to note that a bunch of things were fucked up, like the animation for the suit menu, and the sex dialogues appearing, and even when I was trying to test the golem dual animation, when it started, the golem started to slide to the side! I guess it somehow started to run the combat code? I don't even.

So, the last time I really worked on the game was prior to the "upgrade", so most likely it a win 10 thing, because I'm using the exact same version of Flash. So, until I figure it out what the heck is wrong, the development will be literally stop (not that it will be that much of a difference anyways), I can't really ignore this and keep working because by doing so, I might be planting time bombs unknowingly, and the game is buggy enough as it is.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards. 

10 comentarios:

  1. Fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck !!!!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I'd love to help hunt down bugs. Would you be open to shared-source agreements? (I'm a professional software developer, no ActionScript experience yet but I've worked with literally a dozen other languages.)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I am open for help too. No experience in this particular language either, but already in others. I was an engineer in Computer Science, I am now a reseacher in Information Technologies, and programming is common stuff. All my programs are Open Source projects and I participate in other projects too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. This current issue is not related to the code I wrote. It's flash going ape shit for whatever reason. Something similar happened years ago when I tried to use a newer version of flash.

      Eliminar
  4. Never trust windows 10!!! Please make backups. I lost so much data when I went to windows 10 and reverted back.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Why on earth would you let windows 10 happen to your pc

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It was supposed to be a good windows isn't it? xp->7->10 Besides, when has no one had any sort of problem when upgrading windows?

      Eliminar
  6. I noticed a lot of stuff like that happened with the game when I got my new computer. I thought it was a resolution bug or something, because my new monitor is 4k that I force into 1080 (because 4k is pathetically small for a laptop screen), but the last time I had played the game was on Windows 7 and the new laptop runs 10. Maybe that was my problem.

    ResponderEliminar